Maize n Brew gives you your daily (or semi-daily) rundown of all the Michigan Football, Michigan Basketball, College Football, and College Basketball news you need to get through the tedium at your boring ass desk job. For good measure we'll throw in a little irreverent information and commentary to help you salt away the time. Want it in 140 characters or less, follow us on Twitter! Or you can find us on Facebook! Here's what's ON TAP:
It's a Slow Day, So Here's What's Out There:
- Don't Make Me Open Up a 50-Gallon Drum of Grizzard on You: A Reply to Maize 'n' Brew Dave - Kyle brings my How to Irritate the Hell out of an SEC fan piece in for a thorough fisking. Like the good Law Partner he is, he takes the red pen to my piece without remorse. Even so, I learned I am the South's favorite Michigan blogger:
My favorite Michigan Wolverines blogger is, without a doubt, Maize ‘n’ Brew Dave. Granted, this is because other Michigan Wolverines bloggers either regrettably stopped writing or regularly call me a moron, but, still, being No. 1 is being No. 1, even if it’s only by default.
Works for me!
- Screw Disneyland. This is the Happiest Place on Earth. The Joe Pa stuff will make you laugh up a kidney. - The RTT College Football Animated GIF Library
- Along those SEC lines, the preseason All-SEC teams were announced. Team Speed Kills takes a look at those selections and is Shocked! Shocked! Shocked! I tell you that
Jesus... er... Tebow was not named a Unanimous All SEC starter at QB. The post title at Rocky Top Talk sums it up pretty succinctly: 2009 Coaches Preseason All-SEC Team: Eric Berry unanimous, Tim Tebow...not so much. How are the Gator fans handling it? Welllllll..... they think they know who is behind it.
Maize n Brew had the chance to ask Tim how he felt about this. His response was to rip Lane Kiffin's still beating heart from his chest.
(More fun stuff after the Jump...)
- ACC Football Red Zone Scoring Efficiency in 2008 - Sheesh Gobbler Country, you're making us all look bad. Yet again, our buddies raise the bar on statistical analysis while we sit here on our thumbs making Temple of Doom jokes.
- ESPN's Adam Rittenberg ranks the Big Ten stadiums, top to bottom. Not listed? The Humpty Dump and the new Gopher Hole, as the former is no longer used and the latter hasn't been used yet. Michigan comes in at #5 due to (lack of) volume issues. Hopefully the new luxury boxes will change his thinking a tad.
- Bama Hawkeye continues to pump out the killer, killer content at The Rivalry, Esq. This time its a thorough preview of Conference USA. A must read for the football junkie in you.
- Smart Football: Former Northwestern Coach Randy Walker's effect on the spread - Go there now and read. Go.
- Deconstructing: Nevada's 'Pistol,' by any other name, would fire as sweet - Chris Brown of Smart Football fills in for the Doc and explains the Nevada Pistol down to the tiniest detail. Methinks Notre Dame might have a little more on their plate than they expect.
- News of the SBN variety, Buck Bravo moves over to join The Daily Gopher. I can vouch that he'll provide some sound analysis and football insight to the Varmint Cong. Welcome to the SBN Family, Buck.
- Finally, the Doc is reporting that the Norte Dame v. Army Game in (New) Yankee Stadium appears to be a go. If you're feeling nauseous, you're not the only one. One thing that's worth noting is that Army will also play one game against an undetermined opponent at Yankee Stadium in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons. Personally, I think that's great. The men and women at West Point have certainly earned that right. Charlie Weis on the other hand.... Notsomuch.