I'll post more formal thoughts on Michigan's thrilling 60-59 win over Michigan State tomorrow, but for now:
- TREY BURKE. 20 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals. 8-11 (3-6) from the field. I think it's pretty obvious by now that Trey is our best player and he had a hell of a game.
- We were absolutely killed on the glass, but we did a very good job of keeping State off the free throw line and had a much better turnover rate than they did. Michigan also shot way better than MSU even though the threes weren't falling.
- Stu Douglass hit another key shot to beat Michigan State. I like him in the starting lineup during Smotrycz's slump. Evan had an up-and-down day, but Stu did a fantastic job on defense and made a few big jumpers.
- This was such a key win for our team: it was the fifth game in thirteen days and is starting a brutal stretch of the Big Ten schedule. This moves Michigan into a tie for first place and hopefully it gives the team some confidence heading into this upcoming killer stretch.
- TREY BURKE WAS AWESOME!!! So many key shots, excellent defense and a wily move to get Douglass open for that last shot.