1. (1) Nebraska - The Huskers keep on rolling through the Big Ten. Of the six best teams in the conference, Nebraska has beaten five of them. Sounds like a number one in the PR to me.
2. (2) Ohio State - A week off can't shake the unbeaten Buckeyes, although a trip to Camp Randall might.
3. (3) Michigan - Michigan holds off Northwestern in one of the craziest finishes of the season.
4. (5) Wisconsin - Everybody figured the Badgers would be Indiana on Saturday. Nobody figured it would be a grisly as it was. Wisconsin rattled off 564 yards rushing on 64 carries to annihilate the Hoosiers and end and talk of a Big Ten title game birth for Kevin Wilson's team.
5. (4) Penn State -
"We're not going to get that call here," McGloin told reporters. "We're not going to get that call ever, actually, against any team. It doesn't matter who the refs are. That's the way it is."
Congrats Matt McGloin, you are now every Penn State fan ever.
6. (6) Northwestern - Played 59 minutes of a great game but forgot to close it out. Also, Pat Fitzgerald is a tool:
MGoBlog, of course.
7. (8) Michigan State - The Spartans had the week off.
8. (9) Minnesota - The Gophers took a turn at beating up on Illinois, and even though it is ridiculously early, you just know that Illinois fans want to fast forward to year three to can Tim Beckman and get this whole mess over with.
9. (11) Purdue - The Boliermakers are just counting down the minutes before Danny Hope is out of there. I don't blame them.
10. (7) Indiana - Gave up 564 yards rushing. Tenth might not even be low enough, except for...
11. (11) Iowa - Good god, man. I can't wait to spend the next couple days combing the interwebs to try and find any and all instances of Iowa fans talking themselves into Greg Davis as a viable offensive coordinator after his rapid decline at Texas. Davis took one of the better returning quarterbacks and a talented receiver corp and turned it all into one of the worst offenses in the country, and what would be unquestionably the worst offense in the Big Ten if not for...
12. (12) Illinois - There isn't enough dip in the world to make this sad ordeal feel any better.