With one week of games in the books, here is where we stand:
Impressions after the jump...
- Alabama leaves little doubt who is number one.
- USC and LSU don't lose any ground after beating up on cupcakes, but Oregon comes in for the most praise after its impressive win over Arkansas State. The same goes for West Virginia.
- Oklahoma avoided its obligatory inexplicable loss in week one, but there are still 11 chances left.
- Michigan State takes Michigan's place as the "Big Ten team that probably isn't worthy of a top ten spot but gets it anyway because we have to put someone there". The Spartans are good, but until that passing offense shows some life, this isn't a top-10 team. That is, however a top-10 defense and a top-10 running back. However, I put the Spartans in my top ten as well, so I get that there aren't a lot of other options.
- Ohio State and Oklahoma State both made some believers on Saturday.
- Meanwhile, Virginia Tech should have been rewarded more for beating Georgia Tech, and probably would have if most people waited until after Monday's game to submit the ballot.
- I agree wholeheartedly with Michigan's spot at 19 in the rankings.
What do you think about this week's BlogPoll rankings?