Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE
The top four are set and the rest of this thing is a mess of teams that have spent at least one weekend this season making a case against themselves (so pretty much like every college football season ever).
- The top four are the top four. No explanation necessary.
- I give Florida the benefit of the doubt for having a really good resume against other teams, and LSU is just nipping at its heels because that LSU game shows that despite a couple "play down to their level" games, LSU is really talented (duh).
- Ohio State and Louisville get pushed back being unbeatens who really haven't played a lot of good teams. Ohio State's Nebraska win is looking better every week, however.
- I wasn't sold on TAMU for a long time, but I am beginning to think that team is for real. Also, can't knock close losses to UF and LSU.
- I wish I could drop Georgia lower after everyone lost their mind last week and ranked the Bulldogs over UF based on one game, rather than the whole season. We are far enough along that you have to judge the whole resume, and Georgia's is a whole lot of nothing with one big win against Florida.
- Putting up 500 yards on MSU's defense probably colors my perception of Nebraska a bit, but the team has the look of a 15-ish team. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Huskers win out. Sad face.
- I am probably overrating LA Tech and Toledo, but whateva. Some love for the little guys isn't all that bad, especially when you look at some of the slip ups of the teams behind the mid-major duo.
- How did UCLA lose to Cal again? I don't get it.
- Last week I left USC off the poll completely. I didn't mean to do that. Please tell me in the comments if I mess up like that again.