Good Lord I'm tired. Sorry for the spotty coverage the last few days, I'm gearing up for a trip to Europe. Lots to do, very little time.
Take a peak and tell me your thoughts on my
MAIZE N BALLOT
1. I was totally wrong about BC. They're playing inspired football and the rest of the ACC isn't. Missed that one.
2. USF doesn't get into the top 25 until they show the win at Auburn wasn't a fluke. Hapless Mississippi State beating Auburn didn't help their cause.
3. All hail the Sweatervest. Like him or hate him, Tressel had his kids ready to play in Seattle. Which is more than I can say for any Michigan trip out west. Well done OSU.
4. UCLA? Fire Dorrell.
5. Kentucky! They earned that game. Andre' Woodson is the best quarterback in College Football at the time of this ballot. Write it down. Commit it to Memory. If he keeps playing like this he should be the No. 1 QB taken in the draft. 68 of 95 (68%), 743 yards, 9 TDs, and NO INTs. Darkhorse Heisman until people start to watch his games. Then potential cinderella story. (former grounds keeper, about to become the Masters champion...).
6. Texas continues to play Russian Roulette with teams that shouldn't be within 3 touchdowns of them. The defense inspires less confidence than Michigan's. Yes. I wrote that. The Big XII is NOT going to be kind to Texas unless they get their act in gear.
7. Rutgers continues not to lose. In fact they're running the score up for the sake of TV recognition. A soft schedule still has me as a seriously hateration, holleration member, but a win over Louisville or West Virginia would make me reconsider. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because I was wrong about them last year.
8. Everything else? Subjective.