- Wide Receiver Zion Babb was kicked off the team for violating rules. This is not a transfer, it's a dismissal. I can't find the exact rules that were violated, but suffice to say he is no longer with the team.
- Sam McGuffie is EXPECTED TO PLAY this Saturday against Ohio State after attending a funeral in Texas. I fully expect him to be staring ice-daggers from his helmet at anyone who so much as talks to him this weekend, friend or foe. Welcome back, Sam. We'd all love to get ice-daggered for the next 3 years if you don't mind.
- Now go kick some Ohio State ass.
- Steve Schilling, arguably the most talented and certainly most experienced offensive linemen has injured his knee and is questionable for Ohio State. More Arg.
- Steven Threet is practicing, but in a backup roll to Nick Sheridan who continues to get the first team snaps. I also expect to see Feagin in an expanded roll because, really, what do we have to lose?
- Finally, defensive tackle Jason Kates has left the team voluntarily after not playing much this year. With Mike Martin expirimenting with various levels of awesome this year as a true freshman, and with a whole slew of very talented DT's coming in next year's recruiting class, the transfer is probably not unexpected. I wish Kates the best as he continues to pursue life, wherever it takes him.
Also of note, Orson Swindle of EDSBS had a dream last night that Michigan beat Ohio State. Why is this of note? Because of this statement:
Remember, though: someone’s getting their head kicked in on Saturday. It’s probably [Michigan], but sometimes, people are wrong about those foot-to-head roles.
Keep. Hope. Alive.
Keep. Hope. Alive. Indeed.