Wow. After the first half from hell, I didn't see this one coming. A 23-6 run? Sims playing a complete game? Harris stepping it up in the second half after getting shut out in the first? Anthony Wright becoming a legitimate scoring threat? Wow. A road win over a team that beat MSU and OSU? A balanced inside-out offense that legitimately tried to pound the ball inside during the second half? I'm in shock.
Just a couple of quick thoughts:
- Zach Gibson is a pretty good defender, but lacks strength. Iowa pushed him around inside. Also He should not, under any circumstances, shoot three pointers.
- Kelvin Grady needs to shoot more, but I'll take 9 assists any day.
- David Merritt tries very hard and is competent on the offensive side of the court, but has no concept of playing team defense.
- Udoh needs to work that baby hook more often. With his arms, no one will be able to block it.
- Manny Harris could be a taller version of Daniel Horton, and I mean that in the best possible way.
- Anthony Wright should be starting.
9 assists, ZERO turnovers. Wow.