Maize n Brew gives you your daily (or semi-daily) rundown of all the Michigan Football, Michigan Basketball, College Football, and College Basketball news you need to get through the tedium of your boring desk job. For good measure we'll throw in a little irreverent information, comedy and commentary to help you salt away the time until the clock strikes 5pm. Want it in 140 characters or less, follow us on Twitter! Or you can find us on Facebook! Here's what's ON TAP:
Stuff to Read Right Now
- Armanti Edwards: Too Quick for '07 Wolverines; Not Quick Enough for Lawn Mower. Everything you need to know is in the title. Orson and LSU Freek have a little fun with this, as usual, at our expense.
- We're back in the BlogPoll after a year's absence. All ballot related nonsense/anger should be directed at Beauford. He's been suckered volunteered to handle the ballot for us.
- Check out the UM Hockey Alumni game video recap . As always courtesy of Michigan Hockey Net .
- The Blue-Gray Sky takes apart the Domer offense one play at a time. The Ride. The Sprint. The Draw. You gotta love this stuff.
MSU recruit Gholston still planning to look around - I'm sorry, let me tyr my best to phrase this in the best, most professional way I can after all the "MSU OWNZORS MICH RECRUITIN! WOOOO!" nonsense. Ahem.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
"I think I'm 100% sure, but I'm going to take visits to make sure I'm sure," Gholston said.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh... my sides. /wiping away tears of laughter/
- Michigan receives one vote in preseason coaches poll - I'm guessing it was Tressel. And the Big East gets shut out of the Poll!
- Michigan Opponent Preview: Delaware State defense & Delaware State offense - I'd say "whatever" but we seem to have trouble with these types of teams.
- Michigan adds to its strength staff by by hiring, 2006 Rimington Trophy winner and former star offensive lineman at West Virginia, Dan Mozes, to join Barwis' staff. Awesome.
- MSC digs up an HD Version of the First Half of the 2008 Capital One Bowl - second half up soon.
- When Carcajous Attack! goes into insane detail on Rodriguez' offensive line talent and On-Field results.
- Genuinely Sarcastic returns with a vengeance. Any thought of MSU recruiting dominance is crushed herein. Good to have you back guys.
- Ol’ Blue Tough to Beat - 2010 PA CB Cullen Christian continues to like Michigan. Plz cmt.
- 2010 Safety Riley discusses possible official visits - would it be on The Wolverine if the news wasn't good? ($)
- A little more on stupid people claiming the spread is dead. When Carcajous Attack! eats this alive, leaving only sun bleached bones.
- Our buddies at Boiled Sports Preview Michigan in their own wonderfully hostile fashion. 5-7 prediction. Go there. Hate. Laugh at the awful, awful photo they dug up for Michigan. Well done guys.
- Friday Hoops Links - UM Hoops.com gives you your basketball fix. Things are looking good for the Wolverines on the hardwood.
- MGoBlue.com on Freshman Eso Akunne - I've got to hand it to the Michigan athletic department and SiD's office. They're starting to "get" this new media idea. This is a great piece on Akunne. Even better, they did pieces on Darius Morris and Matt Vogrich. Both are must reads for any basketball fan.
- UM Hoops.com takes a look at the Big Ten's Returning Minutes for each team. Can anyone top Dylan for Hoops coverage? No. Not really.
- Michigan gets Creighton for the opening game of the Old Spice Classic - ESPN Regional Television announced today (Tuesday, Aug. 4) that the University of Michigan men's basketball team will play Creighton in the first round of the 2009 Old Spice Classic, to be held Thursday-Sunday (Nov. 26-29) at the Milk House at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Fla.
- The Rivalry, Esq. Previews the Pac-10 - If anyone out there is doing better conference preview work that Bama Hawkeye at the Rivarly, Esq., give him a friggin medal. These are, for my money, some of the best conference previews you'll find anywhere.
- Q&A with ... Nevada coach Chris Ault - Ryan Fagan at TSN sits down for a Q&A with the Nevada skipper. Great read.
- Citrus (Capitol One) Bowl negotiating to keep SEC, Big Ten, stay on ABC - Interesting tidbit:
The Capital One Bowl and the Gator Bowl start at the same time on Jan. 1 on different networks. The Capital One Bowl has an agreement that prevents teams from the SEC and Big Ten from playing in other bowls at the same time.
Didn't know that one.
- The Rivalry, Esq. breaks down the Preseason Coaches' Poll - Only three Big Ten Teams made the top 25 cut. TRE breaks 'em down.
- Jim Harbaugh is d-bag, according to Lake The Posts.
- No Lou Holth in Congreth - Lou'th stayin put at ESthPN.
- How Steve Kragthorpe saves his skin - Over at Dr. Saturday, Chris Brown of Smart Football breaks down the Steve Kragthorpe offense and how the embattled head coach will turn things around
- Big Ten is no country for 'headhunters' - The Doc on Head Huntin' in the Big Ten. You may remember Rodriguez touched on this at Media Days.
- Heisman Pundit Q&A with Cal running back Jahvid Best - sits down for a Q&A with . Very cool read and a great interview.
- Quantifying the Brian Kelly Effect at Cincinnati - Dr. Saturday puts number to what I've been saying for years, Brian Kelly is (batshit-crazy or otherwise) one of the best coaches in America.
- Heisman Pundit takes apart the Elite 11 Quarterback Camp. And not in the wow, this is cool kind of way. In the "you suck" kind of way. Interesting read.