A lot has been said and written about how good Michigan's offense was in 2010, and how it will change under Al Borges in 2011. Some has been said by Al Borges himself:
"To a degree … we're blowing a lot of it up," new Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges said. "In our offense, I don't see Denard rushing for 1,700 yards, and I told him that. But I could see him rushing for 1,000 yards, and I could see him throwing for that 700 or 800 he didn't rush for..."
...Borges explained to Robinson he was taking too much of a pounding, and wants him to be the leader of a more-balanced offense that incorporates more tailbacks, tight ends and receivers, behind a rugged line.
"They were tattooing him," Borges said. "I came at him that way — we can save you a little bit. Everybody knew Denard was the show. He's tough, he's smart and he's athletic, and we have to get the most out of him."
Next Up In Michigan Football
- The top performers for Michigan’s 31-7 win over Rutgers
- Michigan surges in second half en route to 31-7 win over Rutgers
- Game Thread: No. 2 Michigan vs. Rutgers
- Week 4 injury report: Starting DT set to miss his first game of the season
- Keys to Victory for Michigan against Rutgers
- Survey results: Most Michigan fans are optimistic heading into Big Ten play