I've been back and forth on this game all week. Here's how I see it.
Feathers in UM's Cap
- Good Devin Gardner
- A fundamentally sound defense that doesn't give up big plays
- Funchess and Gallon, Gallon and Funchess
- Al Borges' tendency to unleash the dragon
-"Remember me?" - Jake Ryan
- Michigan State's defense
- Seriously, Michigan State's defense
- Hoke's road record
- Gardner on the road
- MSU's linebackers on double A-gap blitzes vs Michigan's interior OL
- MSU's gournd and pound offense might actually be a strength
- MSU's defense
I'm still sticking to my pregame prediction of MSU 20 - UM 17. I really do think Michigan can win, but it is going to take a really impressive game from Gardner against the best defense he has started against in his career...on the road...with no serviceable run game to rely on...in the rain.
I just don't see it happening. I want to be wrong.