Game Time: 7:00pm Monday November 4th
Location: Crisler Center
Television: Big Ten Network
Wayne State Warriors
2012-13 Record: 17-10 (16-6 GLIAC - NCAA Div II)
Returning Players (2012-13 stats):
- Mike Hollingsworth (6'2 Sr.) led Wayne State in scoring a year ago at 14.6 ppg. He was an effective 3pt shooter at 35.8% on 81 attempts, and he managed a 1.4 assist/turnover ratio.
- Chene Phillips (6'2 Sr.) is less of an outside shooter (just 30% on 43 att), but he shot a team high 165 free throws last year. His game is obviously predicated on getting to the line as his FG% was just 37 percent. He also led the team with 84 turnovers. Michigan will want to see the ball in Phillips' hands.
- Jamar Ragland (6'3 Sr) 4.4 rpg last year and 4.2 ppg. He did dish out 21 assists (third on the team)
- Gerald Williams-Taylor (6'4 Sr) is the leading returning rebounder for the Warriors with 132 (4.8 rpg). He also averaged 8.1 ppg, made 56% of his field goals (all 2pt attempts) and hit 80% of his 62 free throws.
- Bryan Coleman (6'6 Sr) Despite being one of the taller players on the team, Coleman is more of an inside-out threat than the two shorter forwards listed above. Coleman shot the third-most 3pt attempts last year and hit 34% of them and averaged 8.1 ppg. He only manged 3.4 rpg.
Roster notes: The tallest player on the team is 6'8 (there are two of them). The shortest player is 5'9. Fourteen of Wayne State's 15 players are from Michigan (the 15th is from Ontario).
Wayne State is coached by David Greer (not to be confused with David Alan Grier, but you knew that.), and this is his 13th season as head coach. He has a .554 win percentage.
That is about all you need to know about Wayne State.