|RANK||TEAM||RECORD||POINTS||1ST PLACE VOTES|
|17||San Diego State||31-5||251||0|
|22||Southern Methodist Univ.||27-10||149||0|
- Michigan's loss of its entire front court and most of its star power has a lot of people questioning the Wolverines' bonafides as a top-10 squad and Final Four contender. The Wolverines aren't even one of the top four ranked Big Ten teams. That distinction goes to Wisconsin (4), Michigan State (18), Ohio State (20), and Nebraska (21). Iowa checks in at 25, giving the Big Ten six of the top-25 but four of final six to make the cut.
- The Big Ten at the top looks to be down with MSU and OSU also in periods of roster uncertainty and upstarts like Nebraska and Iowa looking to take the next step and compete for a conference title.
- Parity will likely be the key word during Big Ten play everywhere but Madison, where the Badgers bring back pretty much everyone of consequence and look to have the role of conference favorite locked up early.
- The rest of the top-10 is no surprise. Kentucky leads the way followed by Arizona and Duke. Kansas, UNC, and Florida are 5-6-7 with Virginia, Louisville and Texas rounding out the top teams.
- Michigan's non-conference opponents in the top 25: at #2 Arizona on December 13th, vs. #24 Syracuse on December 2nd, and possibly vs. #12 Villanova in the Legends Classic.