After facing a top 10 team last week in Wisconsin, Michigan faces a team that just lost 59-0 to Ohio State, Rutgers.
Rutgers is 2-3 on the season, with wins over Howard and New Mexico, while losing to Washington, Iowa, and Ohio State. Washington drubbed them 48-13, while Iowa squeezed a win out 14-7.
Things to know:
- Rutgers have allowed 11 sacks
- Quarterback Chris Laviano has a 49% completion percentage on the year, and was just 3-12 for 33 yards against Ohio State. Last year Laviano was 11-26 for 97 yards and an interception against Michigan.
- Rutgers struggled against press coverage vs. Ohio State according to coach Chris Ash. "They smothered us," Ash said. "They pressed us whenever they could. We struggled to get open, and that's been a problem for us against teams that press us. We have to work on that. We have to find solutions to get that done."
- Jim Harbaugh once interviewed Chris Ash
- Starting left tackle Tariq Cole and free safety Kiy Hester may not play in the game
What they are saying:
ESPN2 will need a "Not Suitable for Children" warning each time Rutgers' O (#114 in S&P+) takes the field vs. Michigan's D (#1) on Sat. PM.— Drew Hallett (@DrewCHallett) October 4, 2016