Class of 2017 four-star safety Chaz Ah You has told Maize n Brew that he has “a ton of interest in Michigan.” The 6-foot-2, 200-pound athlete will commit to a program after his senior season with Timpview High School in Provo, Utah. He will take all five visits.
2017 4⭐️ S Chaz Ah You told @MaizenBrew that he has "a ton of interest in Michigan." He will commit after his senior season at Timpview.— Evan Petzold (@EvanPetzold) July 25, 2016
“I have a lot of interest in Michigan,” Ah You said. “[It] just seems like they have a lot of great defensive backs high on their list already. UCLA, Sanford, BYU, Notre Dame, Washington, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Vanderbilt, California, and Utah are the ones who stay in contact with me the most.”
The four-star told Maize n Brew that it is not 100 percent, but he is planning to visit UCLA, Notre Dame and Stanford. Ah You is still trying to figure out his other two visits.
2017 4⭐️ safety Chaz Ah You is planning to visit UCLA, Notre Dame and Stanford. He is still trying to figure out the other two visits.— Evan Petzold (@EvanPetzold) July 25, 2016
“Yes, for sure,” Ah You said regarding if he is considering visiting Michigan. “I just need to get in better contact with them. Coach [Brian] Smith has messaged me a little bit and told me how he loved watching me play and that I was able to showcase myself well and loves how I compete.”
The defensive back has offers to play for UCLA, Washington, BYU, Duke, Hawaii, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Oregon State, Sanford, UNLV, Utah, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington State, and Wisconsin. Ah You has been recruited to Michigan by Jay Harbaugh and the Wolverines offered him on October 22, 2015.
Ah You is the 145th overall player in the 2017 class, according to 247Sports. He is the No. 16 safety and the second-best player in the state of Utah.
When asked about the next highest list he will release, Ah You mentioned, “I’ve chosen to keep that on the down low as much as possible and keep it within my family. I have a criteria that I’ve been going through with every school, so if they [Michigan] are able to meet up with them they will more than likely make it.”
Here is the criteria:
- Who is recruiting me? (Position coach or coordinator)
- Who is recruiting me the hardest? (Frequency of contact: call, DM, text, hand written letters)
- Syle of defense? (Is it clear where I fit in their scheme?)
- Do they want me or do they need me?
- Strenth conditioning coach/program. (Proven with real results)
- Playign time? (What does the depth chart look like for 2019?)
- Mission acceptable? (Are they really supportive of me serving a mission?)
- Successful porgram? (Opportunity to win a lot of games, BCS)
- LDS Insitute program?
- Academic support?
- Strenght of degree?
- Life after football? Internships and job placement? (Do they have a plan in place?)