Jim Harbaugh was at the podium a short time ago. He discussed Michigan’s win over Indiana and had a handful of quotes about the upcoming tilt against Penn State. As always, we have a recap of the presser for you.
Monday Press Conference Recap
- Mo Hurst and Rashan Gary were d-linemen of the week
- “We’re one of ten teams that have allowed 280 yards or less in the first six ballgames since 2000.”
- “A good rushing team in Indiana, and limiting them to 80-some rushing yards is really good.”
- Thought Lavert Hill’s first interception was a legal play.
- Said Devin Bush and Khaleke Hudson will be challenged in limiting Saquon Barkley
- Mentioned Mike McCray is leading well as a captain. The defense wasn’t aligned correctly on the last play, but McCray got them in position.
- On stopping Barkley “It’ll be a team effort defensively”
- On O’Korn “He’s well experienced. Able to go in and operate well. This game (Indiana), no turnovers, one hundred percent in the red-zone, no sacks.”
- Higdon has improved on “pass protection, instincts, yards after contact. His balance has improved.”
- “There was good things with the offensive line. We’re still not humming on all cylinders. Still growth to be had.”
- Said Saquon Barkley is “a multi-purpose back who can do everything well.”
- Noted Penn State has a “very good D. Don’t see a lot of big plays right now. Says they’re really sound defensively.”
- Excited for the opportunity on the big stage in Happy Valley. Feels comfortable playing at night there.