Jim Harbaugh took to the podium a short time ago and talked in length about the offensive running explosion against Minnesota. He was also asked about Khaleke Hudson, Brandon Peters, and Wilton Speight. Harbaugh did shed some light on whether Speight can play again this year, things sound optimistic on that front.
Monday Presser Recap
- Impressed with the amount of hustle and pursuit from the entire offense (offensive line, receivers, running backs)
- “Hustle showed up on special teams”
- Thought Brandon Peters handled things very well, two throws he should have hit that came up short.
- Said he has to keep him more loose during the game
- “Took some big shots in the pocket, thought he took care of the ball well”
- “He can execute all throws”
- Said the most impressive thing about Karan Higdon is he’s having big performances in Big Ten games
- Said he’s been a lot of great running backs, and has never been associated with a group of running backs that have had that many long runs in a game.
- Running backs “were making people miss inside the box”
- On Khaleke Hudson: “He was everywhere. You don’t see that everyday.” “Khaleke was a shining star.”
- “Brandon will be the starter again this week.” Said he had a great week of practice.
- Said there’s a chance Wilton Speight can return soon, but he needs more second opinions. Doctors are stunned how far along he is in terms of his healing. Speight is cleared to throw and exercise, but not cleared for contact in practice.