The No. 14 Michigan Wolverines had their chances against the No. 12 Notre Dame Fighting Irish, but in the end they came up short. With less than a minute to go their hopes were dashed when Shea Patterson fumbled the football. Notre Dame won the game 24-17.
- Notre Dame wasted no time getting on the board. In just seven plays, ND went 75 yards down the field. Quarterback Brandon Wimbush completed two passes for 44 yards, and the drive ends with a 13 yard Jafar Armstrong touchdown run. Notre Dame leads 7-0.
- After Josh Metellus is ejected on a targeting call earlier in the drive, Notre Dame comes up with yet another big play early on in the game that nets them points. Wimbush throws a 43 yards bomb to Chris Finke for a touchdown. Notre Dame leads 14-0 with 7:09 to go in the first quarter.
- The Michigan offense has been having moderate success to this point in the game, but doesn’t have a lot of points to show for it. On the ten yard line, Shea Patterson hit Zach Gentry in the end zone for what should have been a touchdown, but Gentry dropped the pass. On 4th down Quinn Nordin drills a field goal to put Michigan on the board. Notre Dame leads 14-3.
- Notre Dame has yet another methodical drive down the field which features key third and fourth down conversions. It appeared Michigan had ND stalled in the red zone after a third down incompletion, but defensive end Chase Winovich was flagged for roughing Wimbush. On the very next play Jafar Armstrong punched in a four yard touchdown run. Notre Dame leads 21-3.
- With all momentum appearing to be in Notre Dame’s favor, Ambry Thomas returns a kickoff to the house for the Wolverines and Michigan is in striking distance. Notre Dame leads 21-10.
- Late in the third quarter Notre Dame tacks onto their lead with a Justin Yoon 48 yard field goal. Notre Dame leads 24-10.
- In the final minutes of the game the Michigan offense gains some steam and battles their way down the field on a 80 yard drive that is capped off with a 4 yard Karan Higdon rushing touchdown. Notre Dame leads 24-17.