This game wasn’t pretty, but it was a victory for Michigan.
- After a Michigan three and out, Northwestern has no trouble marching down the field. QB Clayton Thorson punches it in from the 1 yard line via QB sneak. Northwestern leads 7-0
- Northwestern makes it a two-score game with a 45-yard Charlie Kuhbander field goal. Northwestern leads 10-0
- It kind of feels like the game is slipping away from Michigan at this point, as they now trail by three scores after John Moten scores on a 3-yard run. Northwestern leads 17-0
- Michigan had to score on this drive, and they did. Some big Higdon runs and chunk-yardage pass plays culminate with a 4-yard Higdon TD. Northwestern leads 17-7
- Michigan stops Northwestern on their first possession of the half and proceed to get it within five yards of the end-zone before the drive stalls. Michigan settles for a Quinn Nordin 23-yard field goal. Northwestern leads 17-10
- Michigan gets it all the way to the 4 yard line, but the drive stalls and Nordin converts a 24-yard field goal. Northwestern leads 17-13
- The minutes remaining are dwindling and Michigan needs a touchdown. The Wolverines have a methodical drive featuring a couple clutch throws and runs by Patterson to set up a goal to go opportunity. This time Michigan is able to score a TD thanks to a 5-yard rush by Higdon. Michigan leads 20-17