The Michigan Wolverines are coming off of a loss that few, even Michigan State Spartans fans, saw coming. Given that two weeks have come and gone with the highest of highs and lowest of lows, there seem to be more questions now than ever about what the 2020 Wolverines will ultimately end up being.
Nobody will know until the games are played, especially in a season as crazy as this one. However, some of the numbers do not paint a rosy picture for the outlook for the rest of the season.
ESPN’s updated Football Power Index (FPI) ratings are out and predict a season around .500 for Michigan football with a record of 4.4-4.6 the rest of the year. FPI’s win projection percentages can be found below for a slate of games that features only a few potentially lopsided predictions.
Oct. 24 at Minnesota — 49-24 W
Oct. 31 vs. Michigan State — 27-24 L
Nov. 7 at Indiana — 43.2 percent chance to win
Nov. 14 vs. Wisconsin — 16.9 percent
Nov. 21 at Rutgers — 78.3 percent
Nov. 28 vs. Penn State — 31.3 percent
Dec. 5 vs. Maryland — 93.3 percent
Dec. 12 at Ohio State — 6.4 percent
Saturday’s tilt with No. 13 Indiana has been set for a 12 p.m. ET kickoff from Bloomington and will be broadcast via Fox Sports 1. Michigan opened as a two-point favorite in Vegas when the lines were posted on Sunday afternoon.
- Daxton Hill said Michigan was prepared to stop the run against Michigan State on Saturday: “The game plan was really we know Michigan State’s kind of a run team. So, we definitely want to stop the run game.”
- The hits keep coming for Jim Harbaugh coming off of the loss to MSU, as Yahoo’s Pete Thamel wrote about as scathing a column as one could after what we all witnessed on Saturday.
- Urban Meyer thinks he knows what Michigan’s biggest flaw is right now.
- Despite the bitter loss, Trevor Woods believes that the future is still bright for the growing Joe Milton.
- There was good Michigan news this weekend! Men’s basketball transfer Chaundee Brown was ruled eligible to play the upcoming season and our Daniel Dash wrote about what that means here.