The Michigan Wolverines have not had a great interior defensive lineman since the days that big Mo Hurst was terrorizing opponents backfield. With talent like Chris Hinton and Mazi Smith on the rise, the Wolverines are looking to add another name to the hat with Mississippi State Transfer Fabien Lovett.
As a redshirt freshman, Lovett appeared in 11 games with the Bulldogs while recording 19 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and a sack in 2019.
Although he was only ranked as a three-star prospect coming out of high school and was the No. 436 recruit in the 2018 class, Lovett garnered offers from Florida, Ole Miss, and Alabama among others.
Since announcing his transfer, he has received several offers from over 20 schools. Lovett told 247sports that he hopes to visit Florida State, Tennessee, Oregon, and Michigan if he get the opportunity after the coronavirus pandemic subsides.
He will file for immediate eligibility after recently-hired head coach Mike Leach tweeted a meme that had racial undertones with a woman knitting a noose while being quarantined with her husband.
Lovett is one of two transfers within the past week since the tweet was published.
Former Mississippi State defensive coordinator Bob Shoop is now an assistant under Don Brown and Jim Harbaugh, which should help them in the recruiting process.
Cass Tech center Raheem Anderson has Michigan in Top-11
Michigan made the Top-11 for one of the top centers in the country as Raheem Anderson continues to consider the Wolverines. Anderson is the No. 7 ranked recruit in Michigan according to 247sports composite rankings, and is the No. 3 center in the class of 2021.
With five Crystal Ball projections in, three have Anderson headed to Ann Arbor while the other two say undecided. The talented high school also has offers from LSU, Michigan State, Georgia, and others.
4-Star CB from Dallas includes Michigan in Top-10
One of the best corners in the 2021 Class, Ishmael Ibraheem, has the Wolverines in his top-10:
Ibraheem is the No. 124 ranked player and No. 12 corner in the country according to 247sports composite rankings.
Obviously he has been highly revered by college as he has some haymakers in this cut: Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, and Georgia just to name a few.
- Michigan rated No. 1 Public College in U.S.
- You can only change one play from... which one are you choosing?
We hate to keep doing this to you but pic.twitter.com/h0QD2s2XdU— Maize n Brew (@MaizenBrew) April 8, 2020
- The NBA, WNBA, and ESPN will televise a game of H-O-R-S-E between several current and former basketball stars including Chris Paul, Zach Lavine, and Trae Young.
- In one of the more unique ways of getting sports back, UFC President Dana White wants to buy a remote island and have weekly fights on it to avoid the coronavirus and still be able to compete.
- The Atlanta Falcons released their new uniforms after they were leaked online yesterday. Here is their new look after 17 seasons: