Michigan keeps winning, and keeps rising up in polls and projections after beating Wisconsin 38-17 to improve to 5-0 on the year.
In the updated ESPN Football Power Index, Michigan is up to No. 5 in the nation, and are projected to win around 10 games. ESPN gives the Wolverines a 29.2% chance of winning the Big Ten East and a 34.2% chance of making the College Football Playoff.
The only Big Ten team ranked above Michigan in the FPI is Ohio State at No. 3. The only game Michigan isn’t favored to win in the latest projections is The Game versus the Buckeyes.
For reference, here were the FPI percentages from last week.
Here are the updated chances of victory for each opponent this season.
Oct. 9- at Nebraska: 63.2% chance of winning
Oct. 23- vs. Northwestern: 96% chance of winning
Oct. 30- at No. 11 Michigan State: 57.9% chance of winning
Nov. 6- vs. Indiana: 89.3% chance of winning
Nov. 13- at Penn State: 51.7% chance of winning
Nov. 20- at Maryland: 83.3% chance of winning
Nov. 27- vs. Ohio State: 48.8% chance of winning
State of Michigan Sports
Pride of Detroit
Bless You Boys
Thanks so much for your patronage and support this season! https://t.co/vBvnRpKcLr— Bless You Boys (@blessyouboys) October 3, 2021
The Only Colors
An offensive explosion steadies the ship, as Michigan State defeats Western Kentucky and remains unbeaten.— The Only Colors (@TheOnlyColors) October 3, 2021
The Spartans remain undefeated, but will need to tighten up the passing defense heading into Big Ten play. https://t.co/v6rjfyNYUw
ICYMI at Maize n Brew
- Joel Klatt believes Michigan’s schematics are ‘much more suited to make a run’
- Michigan jumps into top ten in both polls after Wisconsin blowout
- Postgame Reaction: Michigan’s win over Wisconsin, future of J.J. McCarthy
- Harbaugh compares Michigan’s young playmakers with X-Men finding their powers
- Harbaugh on J.J. McCarthy: “Try to get him in there as much as we can”
- Michigan vs. Wisconsin takeaways