Welcome to a revamped Daily Brews, where we will be combining all of our roundups into one piece that drops every day. This will include news, recruiting, links from around the country and more.
The Michigan softball team had two chances to close out Washington in NCAA Regionals on Sunday. In the double-elimination format, with Michigan already beating Washington once on Saturday, Michigan just needed one win to advance to the Super Regional. However, things took a turn for the worst on Sunday when Michigan dropped both games (2-0 Washington, 10-5 Washington). Adding to the heartbreak is the fact Michigan was up 5-1 early in the nightcap before Washington put together a seven-run fourth inning that shifted momentum.
Michigan finished the season 38-8. You can catch Michigan coach Carol Hutchins’ comments about the loss below.
- Michigan Insider ($): Does Dillon Tatum’s new timeline change Michigan’s odds of landing him?
- Michigan Insider: Four thoughts on Jordan Whittley’s commitment to Michigan
State of Michigan Sports
- Pride of Detroit: 7 things to watch for Detroit Lions OTAs
- Bless You Boys: JaCoby Jones optioned to Triple-A Toledo, Victor Reyes recalled
ICYMI at MNB
- Roundtable Prompt: Biggest questions about the football team heading into the summer
- Daily Brews and Recruiting: Details of Steve Clinkscale’s contract at Michigan revealed
- CBS Sports ranks Jim Harbaugh as No. 23 head coach in college football
- Former Oregon State DT Jordan Whittley announces transfer to Michigan
- Evaluating Mike Sainristil’s time at Michigan, outlook for the future