It’s no secret that Franz Wagner is likely to be a first-round pick in the NBA Draft in just over a month. Gary Parrish over at CBS Sports made his most recent mock draft, and Franz Wagner appeared pretty early on.
Parrish mocked Wagner as the No. 13 overall pick to the Indiana Pacers. Here’s what he had to say about the forward’s fit in Indianapolis:
The Pacers need to add depth on the wing, which makes Franz Wagner an obvious option. His 3-point shot must improve for him to meet expectations, but the fact that he shot 83.3% from the free-throw line this past season at Michigan suggests he’s capable of being an above-average perimeter shooter in time.
Wagner accounted for 12.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 3 assists per game in 2021. He shot the ball from deep at a 34.3% clip, but he’ll need to be even better to be a true 3-and-D player at the next level.
Despite Wagner going No. 13 overall, CBS Sports likens him as the No. 16 prospect in the draft and the No. 4 at his position. Jonathan Kuminga from Congo, Scotty Barnes of Florida State, and Josh Giddey from Australia are projected to go higher than Wagner and are the three small forwards ranked ahead of him.
- 2022 Four-star WR Dane Key from Lexington, Kentucky announced on Twitter late Friday evening that he had received an offer from the Wolverines:
Blessed to receive an offer from The University of Michigan pic.twitter.com/QPqwy5ctdS— Dane Key (@DaneKey12) May 28, 2021
- Key is the No. 224 overall recruit according to 247sports composite rankings and is the No. 33 overall receiver in the 2022 cycle. He holds offers from Kentucky, Oregon, South Carolina, Arkansas, Ohio State, and several others. His father, Donte Key, played linebacker for the Kentucky Wildcats in the early ’90s leading some experts to believe that his home-state school is where the talented receiver will be headed.
- 247Sports ($): IMG Five-star PG Jaden Bradley to visit Michigan
- 247Sports ($): Top-100 TE Ty Lockwood visiting Ann Arbor
ICYMI at MnB:
- Hunter Dickinson weighs in on potential Michigan return
- WR Andrel Anthony’s path to Michigan, outlook for 2021
- Obituary released for Laurie Carr: ‘She had a quick wit and a wonderful smile’
Around the State of Michigan at SB Nation:
- Detroit Bad Boys: Which Pistons’ rookie will have the biggest impact next season?
- Pride of Detroit: First-round pick Penei Sewell admits transition back to right tackle ‘is not that easy’
- Bless You Boys: Early clarity for the Tigers dissipates in 2021 mock drafts
- The Only Colors: Does Notre Dame value the Michigan State series?