Preseason football coverage is starting to kick into high gear with the COVID-19 pandemic mostly in the rearview mirror and a return to relative normalcy coming nationwide.
With that in mind, the folks over at Pro Football Focus have put together an All-Big Ten team for preseason content purposes. Seven Michigan Wolverines made the list, headlined by edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson as the lone player to crack first-team consideration.
Daxton Hill, Hassan Haskins, Ronnie Bell, Brad Hawkins, Andrew Stueber and Brad Robbins also made the list.
Here’s what the publication had to say about Hutchinson as Michigan’s lone first-teamer:
The 6-foot-6, 269-pounder is versatile, has incredible power behind his hands and is one of the more polished players at the position. For proof, look at his 2019 outing against Iowa when he became one of the few to post wins against 2020 Super Bowl champion Tristan Wirfs.
Hutchinson produced an 83.6 run-defense grade and 27 run stops along with a 76.0 pass-rush grade and 46 total pressures in 2019. Still, he never really put together a dominant performance from start to finish. We need to see more elite outings in 2021, and he easily has the potential to make that happen.
And here is how it all broke down:
First-Team: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE
Second-Team: Daxton Hill, S
Third-Team: Hassan Haskins, RB, Ronnie Bell, WR, Brad Hawkins, S
Honorable Mention: Andrew Stueber, OL, Brad Robbins, P
If Michigan is going to get back on track as a program with Big Ten title aspirations this year, we will likely see more names emerge by the season’s end. But for now, this seems about right given that the players mentioned are somewhat known commodities. Questions all over the roster seemingly dominate the majority of the preseason storylines.
- Michigan ‘set the standard’ for four-star CB Jahlil Florence (247Sports, VIP)
- Webblog: Major BBQ at the Big House Confirmation (247Sports, VIP)
- Blue Chips: Scoop On Top Remaining Michigan DB Targets (The Wolverine, $)
ICYMI on MnB
- Donovan Jeter’s career so far, projection for 2021 season
- Michigan Football: The biggest question at every position group on offense
- Michigan Football: The biggest question at every position group on defense
State of Michigan Sports
- Watch Miguel Cabrera launch home run number 493 (Bless You Boys)
- Can D’Andre Swift be a top 10 RB this season? (Pride of Detroit)
- Detroit Lions announce dates fans can attend training camp (Pride of Detroit)
- NBA Draft: Where would Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green and Evan Mobley rank compared to the past 10 year’s top-3 picks? (Detroit Bad Boys)
- Michigan State University lifts most of its COVID-19 mandates — effective immediately (The Only Colors)