Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines picked up a commitment on Monday from 2022 three-star linebacker Micah Pollard. The longtime top target picked them over Auburn and a handful of other schools, giving Michigan its second edge-rushing linebacker prospect in the class.
Pollard explained his decision to commit to Michigan, among other things, in a column published in The Daytona Beach News-Journal.
“I built a great relationship with U-M’s coaching staff,” Pollard wrote. “George Helow, my position coach, told me from the start how much he wants me, and that’s meant a lot. That goes for defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald, safeties coach Ron Bellamy and defensive analyst Ryan Osborn, too.
“Michigan has always been a part of my life. I wouldn’t call myself a fan growing up, but my uncle — Braylon Edwards — played there before I was born.”
The article also went in depth on Pollard’s upbringing, being the son of an NFL player and how competition is what drives him to succeed. It also goes into detail about Trey Sudderth, Pollard’s friend who also played football who tragically passed away at the age of 15 from MRSA — Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus.
Pollard wrote that he and Sudderth played safety together, and how him being “one of the hardest workers” he knew fueled him to be better.
“My freshman year, there was one game where we were down a whole bunch of points. Some guys gave up; he went full speed. He didn’t care what the score was. That’s what I will always remember about him,” Pollard said.
Between his NFL dad, his uncle Edwards and his friend, Pollard has a unique story that has shaped him into a hardworking, humble young man. He’s a guy easy to root for, and hopefully he finds all the success in the world in Ann Arbor.
- The Michigan Insider ($): Webblog: Another rising DL target
- 247Sports: Heavily recruited Deone Walker names top five
- Rivals: Into The Blue Pt. 1: Breaking Down New Michigan Commits
ICYMI at Maize n Brew
- Jim Harbaugh among coaches with hottest seats in college football
- Discussing Micah Pollard’s commitment, new LB target
- WATCH: Michigan Football’s top three position groups ahead of 2021
State of Michigan sports
- Pride of Detroit: Ranking the Detroit Lions 2021 opponents: Offense
- Bless You Boys: Draft Mailbag: How valid are concerns about the Tigers drafting Jackson Jobe?
- Detroit Bad Boys: Reports: Rockets ‘aggressive’ in pursuit of Cade Cunningham and No. 1