Jim Harbaugh and Mike Macdonald have begun wooing some of the top recruits in the country to try and shape a new defense in Ann Arbor. However, one of their top targets, 2022 five-star safety Keon Sabb, committed to Clemson over the Wolverines, Georgia, Penn State and others on Saturday afternoon:
Sabb had originally left Michigan off his final list, but he took an official visit to Ann Arbor in late June and the Wolverines re-entered his recruiting process. Still, the top recruit had the Tigers and Dabo Swinney over the Wolverines when it came time to commit, and Michigan goes back to the drawing board at the safety position.
The Wolverines have zero safeties in the 2022 class, so they will continue to look at talent in that department.
2023 five-star LB keeps Michigan in top list
Some of the top names in the class of 2023 are beginning to shorten their lists of schools. Linebacker Jaiden Ausberry did just that on Saturday as the No. 30 overall player and No. 2 linebacker in the country had the Wolverines in his top 10 list.
An elite list of programs remains for Ausberry’s commitment including Georgia, Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, his home-state LSU Tigers and more. There are currently no crystal ball predictions in for the five-star talent.
Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines currently have no commitments from the 2023 class.
Franz Wagner invited to attend NBA Draft
Projected lottery pick and Michigan product Franz Wagner was one of 15 players to receive an invite to the green room at the 2021 NBA Draft. Here are a few other names that could make an appearance.
Source: 15 players have received invites to the NBA Draft green room so far— Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) July 16, 2021
- The Michigan Insider ($): 2022 DL sets Michigan official visit
- The Michigan Insider: Amir Herring set to visit Michigan BBQ at the Big House
- UM Hoops ($): Michigan in the hunt for four-star 2022 F Ernest Udeh
ICYMI at Maize n Brew
- 2022 DT Robby Harrison previews official visit to Michigan this fall
- Recently-offered 2022 DT confirmed to be at BBQ at the Big House
- Juwan Howard extends first 2024 offer
State of Michigan Sports
- Detroit Bad Boys: Dreaming on the NBA Draft: How would Cade, Mobley and the Jalens fit with the Detroit Pistons?
- Pride of Detroit: What is the most intriguing thing about the 2021 Detroit Lions?
- Winging it in Motown: NHL Mock Draft 2021: Detroit Red Wings select Zach Dean with No. 30 pick (acquired via mock trade)