If you are paying attention to the college sports world, it is growing increasingly likely that the Big 12 will dissipate rather quickly this week. Rumors came out the Oklahoma and Texas could scurry off to the SEC and with the top dogs out of the equation, panic has set in for other programs.
For #OKState, I can report the Cowboys have been very proactive about their next move conference wise. That includes possibly the Big 10. I'm told the Big 10 has been receptive and is looking into how a partnership could work. The AAU accreditation might not be a deal breaker.— Dylan Buckingham (@DylanBuckingham) July 24, 2021
Things are going to get really interesting really quick here, as there will be a mad dash for other Big 12 schools to find a home.
Maybe there is a chance they stick together as the Big 12 has apparently offered more shares of the revenue to Oklahoma and Texas to try and entice them to stay. But that seems like a Band-Aid fix to a hole in a dam right now.
It will be interesting to see how the Big Ten divisions for football will change (or how much they will change) with potentially adding both Oklahoma State and Kansas. The Cowboys are usually a good team, while Kansas has been a bottom feeder for quite some time. It will be a boon for the Big Ten to add both for basketball as well with Kansas being one of the blue blood programs in the country. Oklahoma State also boasts the potential No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft, Cade Cunningham. With another solid class of transfers coming in, the Cowboys are starting to make a name for themselves on the court, too.
ICYMI at Maize n Brew
- How Cade McNamara formed into a solidifying voice and rock for Michigan Football’s offense
- Jim Harbaugh and Michigan Football ready to ‘feel the roar’ of The Big House at full capacity
- Five Wolverines to watch during the Tokyo Olympics
- Takeaways from Jim Harbaugh, Michigan players’ comments at Big Ten Media Days
Around the Big Ten at SB Nation
- Land-Grant Holy Land: Broken Records: All-time wins or head-to-head: Where does Ohio State pass Michigan first?
- Bucky’s 5th Quarter: Wisconsin Badgers football: Barry Alvarez named Big Ten’s Special Advisor for Football
- The Only Colors: Mel Tucker: “Our fans deserve winning football...and it’s my job to get that done”
State of Michigan Sports
- Detroit Bad Boys: NBA Draft 2021: Looking for a Cade Cunningham compatriot in a new-look Big Board
- Winging it in Motown: Familiar Upside: Recapping the Detroit Red Wings 2021 Draft
- Bless You Boys: Familiar Upside: Recapping the Detroit Red Wings 2021 Draft