It’s been a long time since the state of Michigan had a team win the Little League World Series — 1959 — but that all changed on Sunday afternoon when the boys from Taylor, Michigan beat Ohio 5-2 to win it all.
Michigan baseball coach Erik Bakich posted a video showing how excited he was to see Taylor North take home the title.
“Taylor North! Congratulations, world champion. So fired up, so excited for you guys,” Bakich said. “What an accomplishment, the whole state is fired up for you, we’re so proud of you. Congratulations — awesome, awesome, awesome.”
Michigan Basketball center Hunter Dickinson has also become quite the Taylor North fan, attending one of their Little League World Series games last week.
While Dickinson is back on campus in Ann Arbor and wasn’t able to see Taylor win the championship, he showed his excitement about the big win on Twitter.
Congrats @RThorning and Taylor North for winning the LLWS!!— Hunter Dickinson (@H_Dickinson24) August 30, 2021
Congratulations to Taylor North for representing your city, your region, and your state on a national stage.
State of Michigan sports
Bless You Boys
A.J. Hinch is raising the bar for the Detroit Tigers https://t.co/Zciuirnepu— Bless You Boys (@blessyouboys) August 29, 2021
Pride of Detroit
ICYMI at Maize n Brew
- Recapping our Big Ten team profile series of every team in the conference
- Jay Harbaugh names players in contention for kick, punt return duties
- Five reasons why we’re overrating Michigan Football
- Paul Finebaum’s obsession with Jim Harbaugh is weird
- Predicting Michigan Football’s depth chart at special teams
- Roundtable: Our staff predicts Michigan football’s record this season