Michigan’s last Heisman winner, one of the best to ever put on a uniform representing the block M, Charles Woodson was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Sunday evening.
Just as when Woodson played, he showed fire and heart during his speech — mixing gratitude towards people, teammates, and coaches who helped him along with delivering inspirational messages of his own.
At one point during his speech Woodson not only gave a much deserved shoutout to his mother, he sang to her as she watched in the audience.
The final comments of Woodson’s speech were directed at the common person — words of encouragement to grind and reach goals.
Cameras caught Tom Brady and Woodson backstage expressing their gratitude for one another and a friendship that goes back to the 90’s when they were teammates at Michigan.
To view Woodson’s entire speech click HERE.
State of Michigan Sports
- Pride of Detroit: Calvin Johnson uses Hall of Fame speech to advocate for pain treatment alternatives in sports
- Detroit Bad Boys: Cade Cunningham era with the Pistons gets underway
- Bless You Boys: Which free agent shortstop should the Detroit Tigers sign this winter?
ICYMI at Maize n Brew
- Predicting Michigan football’s depth chart at the start of fall camp
- Michigan senior defensive back steps away from football team
- Fall camp questions: How quickly can Michigan’s defense get turned around?
- Quinten Johnson’s path to Michigan, outlook for 2021
- Mike Macdonald seeks to uncomplicate how Michigan plays defense