Michigan grad-transfer DeVante’ Jones chose the Wolverines’ over the likes of Texas, Texas Tech, and Memphis. However, Jones is still going through the pre draft process of things — Jones has reportedly received an invite to the G League Elite Camp.
Source: Michigan transfer DeVante’ Jones (@3DevanteJ) has received an invite to the G League Elite Camp, which is set to be held June 19-21 in Chicago. Jones remains an intriguing mid-major prospect for the draft, averaging 19.3 points per game with Coastal Carolina last season.— JD Shaw (@JShawNBA) June 6, 2021
The standout prospects at the G League Elite Camp will receive invited to the NBA Draft Combine in late June.
The 6-foot-1 Coastal Carolina product was the Sun-Belt Player of the Year this past season. Jones averaged 19.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 2.8 steals, and shot 36.8% from three.
The more impressive of a G League Elite Camp Jones has will have an impact on if he winds up suiting up for Michigan or not.
- 6-8, 340-lb. OT Jacob Hood building bond with Michigan, hopes to visit as his commitment nears (Michigan Insider)
- Five-star safety recaps first visit to Michigan (Michigan Insider)
- Top247 Cal QB commit Justyn Martin ‘not afraid’ of five-star competition at Michigan (Michigan Insider)
State of Michigan sports
- Can Tigers benefit from a moneyball approach? (Bless You Boys)
- Michael Brockers: Aaron Glenn is the best communicator I’ve been around (Pride of Detroit)
ICYMI at MNB
- Early look at Michigan’s 2022 NBA prospects
- Five Wolverines among those announced as early entrants for 2021 NBA Draft
- What five-star recruit Jaden Bradley could add if he joined Michigan basketball
- Report: John Beilein accepts job with the Detroit Pistons
- Staff Roundtable: Reacting to Hunter Dickinson’s decision and what’s next