It's finally upon us.
The No. 8 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1, 6-1 B1G) take on No. 10 Michigan (9-2, 6-1 B1G) on Saturday afternoon in Ann Arbor for the 112th edition of The Game.
With Michigan State's win over the Buckeyes last week, the game at the Big House this week is not quite what it could have been with the chance for a trip to Indy, but it is important nonetheless. The winner of this game needs a Penn State win over the Spartans to win the Big Ten East division.
Regardless, this is the matchup college football fans across the nation have been waiting for all season. The inaugural meeting of Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer in one of the best rivalries in sports.
The Buckeyes are coming off of an emotional week following their first loss of the season, while the Wolverines have rode a four game win streak into this Saturday.
OSU running back Ezekiel Elliott didn't get many touches last week, but that should not be the case against the Wolverines. The Michigan run defense has been spotty at times in recent games and Elliott is the best back they will face all season.
They'll have their work cut out for them.
Containing Elliott is Michigan's biggest task on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, the Wolverines will need to find its own run game, which has faded since a strong start to the season.
Jake Rudock and the passing attack have taken a huge step forward, but Michigan would benefit from balance in this game. And that starts up front.
MSU gave the Wolverines a blueprint on how to rattle the Buckeyes up front. The Spartans dominated the trenches on both sides of the football.
The line on this game has shifted all week. The Buckeyes opened as a small favorite, the money shifted the way of the Wolverines to make them favored, back down to a pick 'em game and now OSU is favored by a single point.
Saturday will be fun, and both teams will be looking for their ever-elusive signature win of this season. As far as predictions go, I have the Buckeyes winning a nailbiter by a score of 28-27.
Make sure to get your predictions in using The Crowd's Line widget below.
- Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe will be on the call on the TV broadcast.
- Michigan leads the all-time series 58-47-6 vs. the Buckeyes and 31-21-4.
- The Wolverines won the first meeting in 1897 by a score of 34-0.
- OSU has won 11 of the last 12 meetings in the series.
- Jim Harbaugh faces OSU having beaten them twice as U-M's starting QB in 1985 and 1986.
- Michigan has 21 players on its roster from the state of Ohio.
- The "Legacy Jerseys" from the Dave Brandon era will go back into retirement on Saturday. The Wistert brother's No. 11, Desmond Howard's No. 21, Bennie Oosterbaan's No. 47, Gerald Ford's No. 48, Ron Kramer's No. 87 and Tom Harmon's No. 98.
Week 13 College Football TV Schedule