The Michigan Wolverines and Michigan State Spartans meet on the field to renew their annual rivalry on Saturday night from the Big House in Ann Arbor.
Michigan took last season’s contest by a score of 32-23 in a year that saw the two programs head in opposite directions. The Wolverines would finish the season the same amount of losses as the Spartans had wins (three).
The biggest storyline in this game will be the second start of John O’Korn following an injury to Wilton Speight. It was a slow go of it early against Purdue, but O’Korn and the offense found its rhythm as the game went on in the win.
Michigan comes into this game as a 10-point favorite, but you can throw the spreads and lines out when these two teams meet. This is a physical, intense rivalry with in-state pride and bragging rights on the line, so expect the score to reflect that.
This should be a low-scoring game early on, but Michigan pulls away with a late touchdown for its second consecutive win over MSU.
Prediction: Michigan 24, Michigan State 9
Teams: Michigan State Spartans (3-1) vs. No. 7 Michigan Wolverines (4-0)
Date: October 7, 2017
Location: Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan (107,601)
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET
Radio: Michigan/IMG Sports Network (for a list of affiliates, click here)
Spread: Michigan -10, O/U 40
- Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor will be on the call for the game on television
- This will be the 110th meeting between these two rivals. Michigan leads the all-time series 69-35-5.
- The Wolverines are 34-19-3 at Michigan Stadium against MSU
- These two teams have met every season since 1945
- Outside of 1943 and 1944 (World War II), Michigan and MSU have played every year since 1910
- Michigan is 3-7 in its last 10 meeting with the Spartans
- Both Jim Harbaugh and Bo Schembechler lost their first games against MSU. Bo would finish his career 17-4 against the Spartans. Jim Harbaugh is 1-1