Michigan Football takes its show on the road for the Big Ten Conference opener against the Purdue Boilermakers on Saturday afternoon in a game that has fans sweating a bit more than they expected to.
Purdue sits at 2-1 under first-year head coach Jeff Brohm and their lone loss came to a very talented Louisville team led by Lamar Jackson. Michigan, on the other hand, has looked like a team that as a ton of work to do to get to a point where they need to be to achieve their goals.
It has been a lackluster few weeks for the offense, especially in the redzone, but they will look to get back on track in this area. These are conference games now and there has to be progress after four weeks of football.
People will want Wilton Speight to look like Andrew Luck, but he really needs to limit his mistakes and keep the ball moving. Look for the Wolverines to have another big day on the ground and easily cover the 10-point spread.
Prediction: Michigan 37, Purdue 14
Teams: No. 8 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) vs. Purdue Boilermakers (2-1)
Date: September 23, 2017
Location: Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette, Indiana (57,236)
Kickoff: 4 p.m. ET
Radio: Michigan/IMG Sports Network (for a list of affiliates, click here)
Spread: Michigan -10, O/U 51.5
- Joe Davis, Brady Quinn and Bruce Feldman will be on the television call for FOX
- Michigan leads the all-time series vs. Purdue by a 44-14 margin and has won the last three games in the series
- These two teams have not met on the field since 2012
- Michigan has won 10 of its last 11 conference openers
- The Wolverines are 30-11-1 in conference opening games on the road