Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh spoke to the media on Monday afternoon, and he spoke at length about a variety of topics, it was a long presser.
Harbaugh Monday Presser Recap
- “You love the pick six, what a great thing in a football game for our team, I think we’re tied in the country for four pick sixes.”
- “My son Jack loves the pick sixes.”
- Says center Cesar Ruiz is “very popular with the players”, “really down to earth, genuinely good person”.
- “Offensive line played really well this week against a team that led the country in tackles for loss.”
- On the No. 2 QB: “We’ll see this week”, said Brandon Peters and Joe Milton will compete this week.
- Says RB Karan Higdon is “really running the ball hard, and well”
- Harbaugh says the Michigan offensive line is playing very disciplined football and not getting penalized much
- Said RB Chris Evans is back to full speed
- On Devin Bush: “great passion for what he’s doing, resonates with people, it’s real. Good to see a youngster have a plan for something.”
- “Our special teams has been doing well”, “Ben Mason on the wedge is able to break the wedge, stay alive on the wedge, he’s penetrating or puncturing the wedge”
- “Rutgers has a really impressive punter as well”, says they have one of the best special teams units in the nation
- Said it’s great to have Tarik Black back
- “It doesn’t seem like a very good idea to look ahead, concentrate on the game we have”
- Said it was good for the morale of the team having DL Rashan Gary back and that he played really well
- Said DE Josh Uche has a real knack to create speed off the edge and convert it into power
- First thing Harbaugh noticed about Shea Patterson was how intense he was in practice when he came to Michigan. He wasn’t surprised at how he continued to improve. “It’s been all good since the first day he got here”
- Said Michigan is doing really good on third down conversions
- Said that Patterson plays with an intensity that’s hard to find at the position