The No. 7 Michigan Wolverines faced the No. 10 Florida Gators in the Peach Bowl on Saturday, and the results were similar to what happened against Ohio State in late November.
Michigan really couldn’t get anything going, and by the time the second half rolled around, things started to get really ugly.
- Florida gets the scoring underway with a 21-yard field goal by Evan McPherson, capping off a ten play 71-yard drive Florida leads 3-0
- Michigan’s offense puts its best drive together of the first half with a long strike to Nico Collins for 41 yards. The drive ends with an excellent play-action pass from 9 yards out to Donovan Peoples-Jones for a touchdown Michigan leads 7-3
- The Gators get on the board again with another McPherson field goal, this one from 26 yards out Michigan leads 7-6
- After Michigan blocks a punt, they’re immediately in field goal range. However, the drive stalls as soon as it began and after a three and out Jake Moody kicks a 48-yard field goal Michigan leads 10-6
- Feleipe Franks has runs of 30, 15, and 20 yards on the drive, the last going all the way for a touchdown. Florida leads 13-10
- The second half doesn’t start the way Michigan would like it to. On Florida’s second drive of the half, they are in good field position after a Patterson interception. It only takes six plays for Florida to score via a 5-yard Franks pass to Lamical Perine Florida leads 20-10
- A Jordan Scarlett 30-yard run puts Florida in goal-to-go territory. Three plays later Scarlett punches it in from 1-yard out Florida leads 27-10
- On third and goal it initially appeared that Tarik Black caught an 8-yard touchdown pass, but after further review it was ruled incomplete as the ball popped out when Black hit the ground. Michigan has to settle for a 26-yard Moody field goal and time is running out for Michigan. There’s just 12:16 left in the 4th. Florida leads 27-13
- Here comes the back-breaker. It looks like Michigan has Florida in a situation where they’ll have to punt. It’s 3rd & 20, but Perine takes a run right up the middle for a 53-yard touchdown Florida leads 34-13
- Khaleke Hudson blocks a punt and it winds up being a safety Florida leads 34-15
- A tipped Shea Patterson pass leads to a Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 30-yard interception return touchdown Florida leads 41-15
FINAL SCORE: FLORIDA 41 - MICHIGAN 15
Florida ends the season at 10-3, as does Michigan