Jim Harbaugh spoke to the media on Monday afternoon recapping the performance over Nebraska, while also providing a couple key injury updates.
Jim Harbaugh Monday Presser Recap
- Says freshman OL Jalen Mayfield is “playing all year”
- “We want to keep getting better”
- Quinn Nordin’s recent play: “Raises everybody’s confidence. Good to see him go out there and bang it”
- Said he wanted to go for a deep ball at the end of the half instead of giving Nordin a shot from 58 yards, but said that it is still within Nordin’s range
- Donovan Peoples-Jones improvement: “Every single day he’s working, paying attention in meetings. Can’t ask for a better guy to coach. True gentleman.”
- Said the receivers are getting a lot of reps, a lot of playing time, gotten themselves in great shape, and have been improving greatly.
- “He’s rehabbing good”, on WR Tarik Black’s health. “Things look really good the way he’s progressing”
- Didn’t have an update on Chris Evans health
- “I think it’s all a plus, I don’t see any minuses” on the new redshirt rule.
- “The way he’s playing at tight end is just dramatically good (Zach Gentry)”
- “Tight ends are doing a really good job. Sherrone Moore is doing a really good job coaching. One of those hires where you’re really proud of that one.”
- “ (DE) Aidan Hutchinson is playing at a really upper class level right now”
- “He’s (RB Christian Turner) really going to be doing well”