Last week, Michigan opened as a 3.5-point favorite against Nebraska. I wrote eloquently about how I didn’t believe that spread was big enough. I expected Michigan bettors to heavily outweigh Nebraska bettors. I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. By game time, the spread had dropped to Michigan -3 on most books. This would prove to be fitting as the Wolverines prevailed, 32-29. If you’re new to sports betting, you should know Vegas has a tendency to be scarily accurate. The over hit as well as the over/under generally hovered around 53 while 61 total points were scored.
Michigan is on bye this week, along with several other members of the Big Ten. The slate of games is certainly not as loaded as last week, though how could it be without a top five matchup? Let’s take a look at the early lines around the conference.
- Michigan State is favored by 3.5 over Indiana
- Nebraska is favored by 2 over Minnesota
- Iowa is favored by 12.5 over Purdue
- Wisconsin is favored by 11.5 over Army
- No lines are available as of yet for the Northwestern vs. Rutgers matchup
- Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland and Illinois are on bye.
As always, please bet responsibly and enjoy every college football Saturday to the fullest!