There were no fans in the stands at the Big House in 2020 to cheer on Michigan football, but plans are in motion for fans to be back in the building for the 2021 season.
The Michigan athletic department announced on Thursday their plan for season tickets. “We are taking a methodical approach to 2021 ticketing due to the unknown future of crowds at sporting events,” said Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel. “With that in mind, we felt this was the right time to begin the renewal process for the upcoming season.
“We appreciate the patience and continued support of our fans as we navigate the current climate surrounding attendance at sporting events. We are incredibly grateful and thankful for the support that our loyal fan base has shown over the past year. Many of our fans elected to apply their 2020 season payments toward the 2021 season and will not have a balance for the upcoming year.”
Key dates in the 2021 ticket process:
- Feb. 5-26: Season Parking requests/Season Ticket Transfers
- April 1-23: Season Ticket/Preferred Seat Contribution Renewals
- April 30: Deadline to join the Season Ticket Interest list for new season tickets
- May 2021: Ticket Office communicates new season ticket offers
- May 19-June 24: Season Ticket Upgrades
- Early June 2021: Ticket Pack on-sale begins (sales process based on priority points)
- Late June 2021:Single-Game Tickets on-sale begins (sales process based on priority points)
- Sept. 4, 2021: Home Opener: Michigan vs. Western Michigan
The price per ticket will be $527. The plans and dates Michigan have are subject to change due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Information in regards to student season tickets will be coming in the near future, and returning student ticket orders will be placed from March 10-26.
For Michigan’s full statement click here.