Every year, Bruce Feldman releases his list of the biggest “freaks” in college football. These may not be the most productive players with the most accolades, though many of them are, but the players who can achieve athletic feats that 99% of the population can’t.
Yesterday, Feldman released his 2021 version of the list ($) which includes 101 players. Michigan was well-represented, with EDGE Aidan Hutchinson coming in at No. 2 overall.
Here’s part of what Feldman had to say about Hutchinson, who he compared to last year’s No. 1 freak in college football, Kwity Paye:
“While at Michigan, Paye clocked the second-best 3-cone time on the team at 6.37. This offseason, Hutchinson timed 6.54, which would’ve been better than anyone at the 2020 combine. In addition, he vertical jumped 36 inches, ran a 4.64 40 and ripped off a 4.07 shuttle time. Hutchinson also did a 2.57-second reactive plyo stair, which at 265, amazed even his strength coaches.”
Michigan had another player make the list, also in the defensive front seven. Defensive end Julius Welschof checked in at No. 33, drawing acclaim for his ability to do backflips on skis and and running a 4.68 40-yard dash at 288 pounds.
- 247Sports: Five-star Walter Nolen lining up game visits for September ($)
- The Michigan Insider: Wolverines make top six for four-star target ($)
- The Michigan Insider: 2023 Ohio RB enjoys U-M BBQ visit ($)
State of Michigan Sports
- Bless You Boys: Torkelson and Greene homer in SeaWolves victory
- Pride of Detroit: Detroit Lions training camp Day 11 live updates