Michigan has been a bit quiet on the recruiting trail in recent weeks in terms of visits and commitments, but it appears that things will begin to pick up soon as the staff positions itself for a potentially big summer.
Wolverine247 is reporting that the Wolverines will host their top nine in-state prospects for the 2017 class for a visit on June 2 and 3:30 p.m.
The prospects expected to be in attendance according to the report are:
- Five-star wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones (Detroit, Michigan/Cass Tech HS)
- Four-star linebacker Joshua Ross (West Bloomfield, Michigan/St. Mary's HS)
- Four-star defensive back Ambry Thomas (Detroit, Michigan/Martin Luther King HS)
- Four-star defensive end Corey Malone-Hatcher (St. Joseph, Michigan/St. Joseph HS)
- Four-star defensive back Jaylen Kelly-Powell (Detroit, Michigan/Cass Tech HS)
- Four-star offensive tackle JaRaymond Hall (Oak Park, Michigan/Oak Park HS)
- Three-star wide receiver KJ Hamler (Farmington, Michigan/St. Mary's HS)
- Three-star tight end commit Carter Dunaway (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan/Brother Rice HS)
- Unranked athlete Allen Stritzinger (Warren, Michigan/De La Salle HS)
Early on, Michigan has a good chance with many of the guys on the list above. Peoples-Jones and Ambry Thomas could be tough to get, but their recruitments will be interesting to follow with the Wolverines in the mix.
We'll have to wait and see if the visit materializes into any commitments for the 2017 class. June 2 will be a day to keep an eye on.
Tagaloa, Davis release their top schools
Over the weekend, a pair of 2016 targets narrowed down their list of schools.
Top 10 in no order, truly a blessing to have the opportunity I have been afforded pic.twitter.com/w2jjOq6nb3— R.I.P. MARY (@THEGIF7) May 15, 2015
Tagaloa will be a tough pull from the West coast, but Michigan's chances with Davis are very good. As of now, I have him as a member of this class, but we will see what happens following Dwayne Haskins' commitment to Maryland. In fact, keep an eye on all of the East coast kids following that commitment for the Terrapins.
Michigan offers 2016 OT
Michigan's latest scholarship offer went out to 2016 offensive tackle Landon Dickerson (Hudson, North Carolina), according to 247 Sports.
Dickerson is a four-star prospect and the 22nd-ranked offensive tackle in the class, per the 247 Composite.
That will do it for Monday. Check back in Wednesday for the latest roundup of Michigan football recruiting news and more.