Carter Selzer is a 6’8, 225 pound TE that posted earlier this week his excitement about a preferred walk-on opportunity from Michigan.
Blessed to have received a preferred walk-on from @UMichFootball pic.twitter.com/trd1yJLxLG— selz (@CarterSelzer) January 11, 2017
I caught up with the Kansas City native to ask about his recruiting process, opportunity of competing at the next level, and thoughts on Michigan.
1. When did your walk-on offer come from Michigan?
“I received my walk on offer on Tuesday after my basketball game. “
2. Have you been to campus and The Big House? How would you describe it?
“I have visited both. Campus is awesome--there is a lot of history and tradition as well as a lot of energy from the students and the town of Ann Arbor. The big house is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's breathtakingly large.”
3. How would you describe Coach Jim Harbaugh?
“Coach Harbaugh has TONS of energy. I can tell he is excited by just living life and being able to coach the greatest game ever invented. Anyone who has the opportunity to be around a man like him is truly fortunate.”
4. Which coach(s) have helped the most with getting a better understanding for the program and school?
“Coach Jay Harbaugh is the one who I've spoken to the most as far as getting a feel for the program and the school.”
5. Are there any other schools that you are heavily considering? How many have shown an interest and how many offers have you received?
“I've got a few options to play next year. I've been offered by a few local schools but at the D1 level I have offers from Drake and Davidson.”
6. What has been your overall biggest accomplishment in high school?
“The accomplishment that I earned in high school that meant the most to me was being elected captain by my teammates this year. It might not be the most impressive thing I've done in high school but I'm very proud of it. Being elected captain meant that my teammates thought that I was not only a good player, but a great leader and teammate.”
7. What does being a college student-athlete mean to you?
“Being fortunate enough to have the opportunity to play at the next level is a true blessing. Being a student-athlete is a ton of work, though, and that excites me. I want to become the best version of myself, whether thats on the field, in the classroom, or as a man.”
8. Have any idea what you will study in college?
“I plan on going the pre-med route in college.”
9. When do you plan on making a school decision?
“I'll be making my decision within the next month.”
We will report the latest on Carter’s recruiting story and decision, among many others, leading up to National Signing Day, on February 1st.