On Thursday, 247Sports unveiled its newest recruiting rankings from after The Opening Finals, and one of Michigan’s newest commitments shot up more than 200 spots, nearly making him a 5-star player.
4-star running back commit Zach Charbonnet moved up 179 spots in 247Sports’ rankings to No. 40 overall, nearly making him a 5-star player.
He is now No. 186 overall on the composite score, making him the fifth-highest recruit in Michigan’s 2019 class behind defensive end Chris Hinton, defensive end Stephen Herron Jr., defensive tackle Mazi Smith and offensive guard Nolan Rumler.
For more on Charbonnet, check out Jonathon Simmons’ scouting report by clicking here.
Other moves of note:
- Michigan defensive end commitment David Ojabo shot up 344 (!) spots and is now a 4-star talent (4-star, No. 319 on the composite). For a guy who never played football until last year, that’s pretty damn impressive.
- All-purpose back target Giles Jackson moved up 395 (!!!) spots to No. 208 to become a 4-star. He is still a 3-star on the composite.
- Hinton moved down 10 spots to No. 36 and is now a 4-star recruit. This did not affect his composite score, though, as he remains a 5-star.
- Top athlete Quavaris Crouch also moved down 10 spots to No. 37 and is also a 4-star recruit.
- Top safety target 5-star Daxton Hill moved up one spot to No. 7.
- Wide receiver target Kyle Ford is now a 5-star, No. 13 overall.
- Cornelius Johnson, another wide receiver target, moved up 74 spots to No. 169.
- Top defensive end target Zach Harrison moved down from the No. 1 overall spot to No. 2. Georgia commit defensive end Nolan Smith claimed the new No. 1 spot.