clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

2019 4-star LB David Gbenda puts Michigan in his top 10

The Wolverines make another top list for a 4-star linebacker.

Ohio State v Michigan Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images

Last week, the Michigan Wolverines made the top four for a 4-star linebacker. Now, they have made a top list for another 4-star linebacker.

It was announced on Twitter Sunday 4-star David Gbenda included Michigan in his top 10. He also included Notre Dame, Houston, Texas, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Washington, Ole Miss, TCU and Missouri.

The 6-foot, 212 pound linebacker from Katy, Texas is the 11th ranked inside linebacker and the 258th overall player in the 2019 class, according to 247Sports’ composite. Texas holds 60 percent of the crystal ball predictions, with the other 40 percent being a cloudy forecast.

The Wolverines currently have one linebacker in their 2019 class — 3-star Charles Thomas.

During his junior year in 2017, Gbenda had 56 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 2 sacks and 2 pass breakups.

Check out highlights from Gbenda’s junior season below.