clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Friday Michigan Recruiting Roundup: In the thick of things for 3 Florida players

New, 2 comments

The Wolverines could land some players from the state of Florida, but one isn’t deciding until the February signing period.

NCAA Football: Michigan at Wisconsin Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports

Happy Friday, Michigan fans, and welcome to this week’s Friday recruiting roundup.

It has been relatively quiet on the recruiting front this past week, and probably will be a little while longer. But we still have some news about a few 4-stars Michigan has a decent chance with. Let’s dive right in.

2019 4-star safety surely officially place Michigan in top 5 soon

Josh Sanguinetti, a 4-star safety from Florida, recently told 247Sports’ Andrew Ivins ($) he isn’t ready to commit any time soon, but is about ready to put teams in his top list.

“Stanford, Michigan, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Miami,” Sanguinetti told Ivins at the Miami Dolphins High School Media Day. “I’m probably going to have a top group of schools before our first game.”

Sanguinetti is hoping to officially visit Michigan for the Penn State game, but details are still being finalized. But no matter when he visits, his decision will still come on National Signing Day in February.

Sanguinetti is the No. 10 safety, No. 21 Floridian and No. 157 overall player in his class. Miami (FL) currently leads the crystal ball with 88 percent, with the other 12 percent being cloudy.

4-star FSU DE commit may flip to U-M

That’s at least what crystal ball selectors think for 2019 4-star defensive end Mike Morris.

Morris is a Florida State legacy, which is what is holding him back from decommitting entirely. The Seminoles reportedly want to have Morris line up on the offensive line rather than the defensive line, causing Morris to think about flipping his commitment.

All five crystal balls are projecting Michigan to land Morris, who is the No. 21 strong-side defensive end, No. 43 Floridian and No. 319 player overall in the 2019 class.

Listed at 6-foot-5 and 255 pounds, Morris could be a future dude for Don Brown on the outside. We will have to wait on this one and see how FSU counterattacks.

2019 3-star CB plans to visit Michigan, despite FSU commitment

As is the case for 2019 3-star cornerback Renardo Green.

The 5-foot-11, 164-pounder from Apopka, Florida is committed to Florida State, but is still interested in U-M enough to potentially give the school a visit, per 247Sports’ Steve Lorenz ($).

He reaffirmed his commitment to Florida State, but is, at the very least, interested in giving Michigan a second look. This is a slow-developing recruitment, so we will update you as soon as more information is available.

That’s all for this week! Be sure to catch us Monday for another recruiting roundup!