clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

2020 4-star ATH DJ Graham says Michigan will ‘most def’ be on his top list when released

The talented athlete plans on having Michigan be on his top list when it comes out “very soon.”

EJ Holland, 247Sports

4-star athlete DJ Graham is quickly becoming one of the most wanted athletes in the 2020 class. All within a one-week span, Michigan, Ohio State and Oklahoma State offered him scholarships, with Michigan being the most recent on Jan. 16.

Before that, he already held offers from Miami (FL), Colorado, Washington State, LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Nebraska and others.

Maize n Brew spoke with Graham after the Wolverines extended a scholarship his way, and he said it was Ben McDaniels, who was recruiting at the time as the wide receivers coach, who offered him the scholarship over the phone.

“(The offer is) so special being that Michigan is such a storied program and them having the most all time wins in the nation makes it even more special,” Graham said.

With the offer now on the table, Graham said the next course of action is to visit Ann Arbor, a place he has never been before.

“I do (want to visit), but I don’t know when, but for sure I do (want to visit),” he said. “I’d honestly just want to look forward to learning about what makes Michigan Michigan. Learn about the history and their tradition.”

When it comes to what Graham wants out of his future school, he is looking for “an overall family feel, the best opportunity to get on the field as soon as possible and to get to the NFL.”

The 6-foot, 172-pounder from Keller, Texas plans on releasing a top list “very soon.” When asked if Michigan will be on that list, Graham simply said “most def.”

Other schools showing him love right now that may end up on his final list include Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU, Notre Dame and Arkansas.

Graham admitted he hopes to be committed to a program by the beginning of his senior season. There is a long way to go in this recruitment, so stay tuned.

He is currently the No. 24 player in the state of Texas, No. 15 athlete and No. 193 overall player in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings. Oklahoma currently leads the crystal ball with 67 percent, with the other 33 percent on a cloudy prediction.