clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

2020 4-star OL Andrew Raym has Michigan in his top 5

The No. 1 recruit in Oklahoma is still considering Michigan.

NCAA Football: Michigan at Michigan State Mike Carter-USA TODAY Sports

Ever since Ed Warinner took over the offensive line for the Michigan Wolverines, we have seen quite an impressive list of recruits at the position take serious consideration into Michigan.

We see that once again with 4-star Andrew Raym, announcing on Twitter on Monday that Michigan is in his top five.

At 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, Raym is the No. 4 offensive guard, No. 1 recruit from Oklahoma and No. 79 overall recruit in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports’ composite.

He plays at Broken Arrow High School and has drawn the attention of some very heavy hitters in college football. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, LSU, Michigan and Texas A&M remain in consideration for the highly talented prospect.

“Great football tradition, great place, good school, and I like coach (Sherrone) Moore,” Raym told Maize n Brew as to why Michigan made his top list.

He has an explosive first step and keeps his weight low, which optimizes the chance for a pancake block. He focuses a lot in the run game and has the necessary speed to pull as a guard. However, he will have to become quicker at the next level.

One thing I absolutely love about this kid is he never quits. Watch as he perpetually knocks defenders on their butts and keeps fighting until he hears a whistle.

The 247Sports crystal ball currently has 91 percent of the predictions for Oklahoma to land a commitment from him, with the other 9 percent being outdated predictions for Oklahoma State.

Raym also told Maize n Brew he is still planning an official visit this fall for a game at the Big House. In the meantime, we will just have to wait and see if Warinner and Michigan can pull a few strings and get this impressive young prospect to commit to Ann Arbor.