clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Michigan makes top 6 for top 2021 TE target Thomas Fidone

The Wolverines are in it for one of the best tight ends in the country.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NOV 23 Michigan at Indiana

On Monday night, the Michigan Wolverines made the top six list for one of the top tight ends in the 2021 class — four-star Thomas Fidone.

Michigan joins Penn State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Iowa and LSU on his list.

The 6-foot-4.5, 218-pounder from Council Bluffs, Iowa is the No. 2 tight end in his class and the No. 99 overall player.

Tight ends coach Sherrone Moore is the go-to guy in this recruitment for the Wolverines, but head coach Jim Harbaugh has been putting in work here as well. They are going after a bunch of other highly-regarded tight ends in 2021 — including four-stars Brock Bowers, Moliki Matavao and Louis Hansen — but Fidone is the No. 1 guy on their board.

Fidone was set to visit Michigan for the first time this spring, but due to the coronavirus outbreak, those plans have changed. It currently is unknown when he will get to Ann Arbor for his first visit.

Despite currently living and playing high school football in Iowa, he grew up a fan of Nebraska, hence why the Cornhuskers have 71 percent of the crystal balls at the moment. The other 29 percent are undecided.

As long as the Wolverines keep going hard after Fidone, they should be in the race until the end. It is going to be hard to beat Iowa and Nebraska, who appear to be out in front in this recruitment as of now. But stranger things have happened in recruiting. We will just have to wait and see how this all plays out after the in-person recruiting restrictions are lifted.

Check out Fidone’s junior season highlight reel below.