Steve Clinkscale came to Ann Arbor as one of the more prolific assistant coaches on the recruiting trail in the Midwest. During his time at Kentucky, he had taken several guys out of the state of Michigan and Ohio, many of those prospects also being recruited by Michigan and other top-tier programs.
Clink already had some guys committed to Kentucky before he left, and now it appears he is going after them yet again, as Michigan offered 2022 three-star cornerback Andre Stewart on Saturday.
Stewart comes in at 6-foot and 169 pounds, hailing from the talent-rich state of Georgia. He also holds other offers from Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss, LSU, Oregon, Penn State and more, so Clink was up against a whole lot of competition when he got him to commit to Kentucky back in March.
Michigan also recently offered 2022 three-star Kentucky cornerback commit Jeremiah Caldwell, but this occurred before Clink was hired.
Regardless, the Wolverines are expanding their cornerback board, and a couple of these guys already have pre-existing relationships with Clink, obviously a great thing if they are serious about recruiting these players. They are likely to take in a couple more cornerbacks in this class, as they only took in one in the 2021 class. With five-star Will Johnson already in the fold, they are off to a stellar start.
- Webblog: Michigan moving in on another Top247 talent? ($)
- Michigan expecting 5-star DB on campus next week
- 247Sports streamlines position projections in rankings database
ICYMI at MnB
- Michigan offers 2022 four-star QB Justyn Martin
- Poll: Do you want to see Notre Dame on the schedule every year?
- Staff Roundtable: Reacting to Hunter Dickinson’s decision and what’s next