Former New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri had a legendary career spanning a quarter of a century in the NFL — the 48 year old legend finally called it quits in 2020. Although Vinatieri’s career is finally over, the future career of his son Aj looks bright.
Aj is a Zionsville, Indiana native in the class of 2022 who is rated as a 4.5 star punter by Kornblue Kicking — Aj has been visiting teams such as Virginia Tech, Florida, and now Michigan.
Aj posted a picture to his social media where he is suited up in Michigan career with his dad holding a Michigan helmet.
Vinatieri’s specialty to this point in his high school career has been at punter, but he received more reps at kicker as the 2020 season progressed, even nailing a 22-yard field goal with two seconds left to give Zionsville a Regional Championship win.
“Aj has a big leg, he catches holds of punts and they go and he has all the potential in the world and he loves to work at it,” Zionsville head coach Scott Turnquist said last fall. “He has continued to work at it all year as a kicker.”
Adam Vinatieri’s former teammate, punter Pat McAfee, tweeted enthusiastically about Aj visiting Michigan.
- Four-star TE Colston Loveland talks about official visit to Michigan ($ Michigan Insider)
- Deon Johnson agrees with son: ‘the month of July will be a big one’ for Michigan ($ Michigan Insider)
State of Michigan sports
- What would your ideal alternate Lions helmet look like? (Pride of Detroit)
- Can Trey Flowers thrive under a new scheme? (Pride of Detroit)
- MLB’s foreign substances crackdown is flirting with disaster (Bless You Boys)